Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excuse me from being a total idiot but last night I opened my 147 with the button on the key, kept my finger on the open button and both front window opened lol same happens when I shut it too, kept my finger on it a bang, windows went up. I was amazed. I had a GT before this and I never even knew it was an option.
Anyone shed some light on this????

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
RTFM :lol:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I'm going to try that on mine later on. I've never really read the instruction manual, I've actually learned more on here. Wonder if it will work !!!!!.........:):)

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
All the 147's with remote locking do this. It works on the GT too.

I would assume it also works on the 159 etc..

On the 156, if you hold the key down when you lock it it beeps 4 times. This disables the internal sensors for the alarm, but still locks the car... (say you've left your dog in the car or something... etc...

·
Registered
105 Posts
There was a thread about this a few months ago. At the time i had no clue about the feature, but sure enough after trying it it does work.

There were several theories to the point of this feature and most people were going for opening the windows from a distance will let a fair bit of air out on hot days before you sit down into a swealtering car.

Unfortuantly may key fob is pretty knackered and its hard enough to press the key once and get it to open/lock the car, never mind keep it pressed for 5 seconds to open the windows, lol.

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
same as the stilo, same alarm:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Now all we need is a button that starts the car on cold mornings, so it nice and warm by the time uve finished ur breakfast! :)

·
0 Posts
I've had cars that do this, anyone know what would be involved in making the 156 do the same?

·
Registered
529 Posts
My 159 opens the windows if you hold the unlock button but does not close the windows if you hold the lock button.

You can wind up all the windows however if you take the key insert out of the alarm fob and turn the door key and hold it in the lock position. I don't have a sunroof but understand it will close this too if it is open.

I also believe it is a regional thing that some countries have and others don't so it is therefore possible to have the key reprogrammed to suit your needs.

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Just tried this today !!!!!

My 147 also opens the windows if you hold down the lock button, but doesn't close them, when you lock the Car !!!!!!......:):)

Only had the Car nearly 3 Years and just found this out, Eh !!!!.....:eek::eek:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Yep thats a new one on me too, just tried it on my GTA and it works
:cool:

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
On facelifted 147s you cant close windows with remote key... you can only open them. But on "old" ones you can open or close them... :/

C

·
0 Posts
On the 156, if you hold the key down when you lock it it beeps 4 times. This disables the internal sensors for the alarm, but still locks the car... (say you've left your dog in the car or something... etc...
I can honestly say, I didn't know that!:thumbs::lol:

N

·
0 Posts
And the sunroof too.

And it closes on locking for LHD ones as well. ;)

(UK people can't be trusted to not get their head
stuck in there or something. :rolleyes:)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts