Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm replacing the wheels on my 147 from the standard selespeed to 17" multi-spokes.

These are Toora multi-spokes and are Alfa wheels. My mechanic says that I need longer bolts for the new wheels but he's having difficulty finding the correct bolts. So I thought I'd give here a shout. I bought the wheels off MIKEGILL and they were bought for my GTV - although he mentioned that these would need spacers to fit to my GTV at the time.

I'll post a picture of the wheels when I get home, as he's dropping the bolt and the wheel for me to look at it later. I know that the ET is 30.5 and I'm posting a picture of the back of the wheel if that could help.

Appreciate your help in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
Quickest is to measure to get the correct bolt length.
Your original 17" Selespeed wheels will be using 23mm long bolts.
So take one Selespeed wheel off and measure how much of the 23mm bolt protrudes through.
Then do the same with your new wheels.
From that you can workout if you need longer bolts and how much longer.

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
Just checked on ePER and p/n 60691908 is listed as a GTV/Spider wheel, which implies it will use the normal GTV/Spider 38mm long bolts.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks David. I was expecting you to reply, as you kindly do each time anyone asks more or less anything - and always grateful for your help :thumbup:

How would I go about searching for these bolts and ordering them - there are so many other measurements that are included in the description so not sure.

Thanks,
Abs

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
Bolts are M12x1.25 thread.
Usually Fixed 60deg Taper seat.

Demon Tweeks have 40mm long, which will probably be fine (it is what I used with 15mm spacers on std 156 wheels).
Grayston Wheel Bolt | Demon Tweeks

There will be other wheel bolt suppliers, but that at least gives you an idea.

They have a 19mm head, rather than the normal 147 17mm.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi David, do you know if the thread length with 34mm fit? They have come off a GTV too - an I'm finding out that apparently 38mm bolts are nowhere to be found!

Thanks!

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
I'd say 34mm would be too short.

38mm from tip to start of taper. That is the std GTV/Spider bolt length.
There will be an unthreaded section just before the taper.

The 40mm version I linked to would be fine.

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
13227935 was the OEM p/n
I see you've also got a 156GTA. You should find five of those bolts in the GTA toolkit to use with the skinny spare.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts