Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
147, 1.6 ltr Valve clearances.

1. Are they hydraulic or adjusted by shims?

2. If by shims, is there a special hold down tool?

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Not sure, not had the head off one yet! Must have a look at the poor quality CD I've got, for interests sake. If the tappets are shim adjustable, suppose we are looking for that that lever down tool to compress the spring as I used some time back on my Lancia engines. Like I said, not sure but will look at the drawing, got a feeling they may, may, be hydraulic. Catch you later. Unless someone has posted an answer already.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Had a quick 'shufftie' at the info. refers to hydraulic tappets, checking diameter of same is within recommended tolerances, that's what it says on my old CD anyways.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Tappets are hydraulic, lent a bit hard on mine when doing belt and variator and set off down the road with a nasty noise. Was worried for a minute but soon recovered.

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
Thanks for confirming that Wrenched, much obliged. PS, don't really want to take the head off the 147 if I don't have to. Just happy to see the sun rise and set, sitting on the patio. When not on AO!!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
With you on the sunset, sunrise a bit early for me! Actually you can take the valve/cambox cover off with very little effort - if you should chose so to do. I know, why??

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
yep, all hydraulic apart from the 8v & 10v JTD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts