Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

Has anyone here gone from a 1.6 147 to a 1.9 diesel GT if so what was the differance.

I want to buy a GT but need a real idea of what insurance differance will be.

I have tried on the usuall confused.com and so on but this is not really accurate to when you actually come to pay for the cover.

Any answers will be appreciated.

Gaz.:thumbs:

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
I went the other way from 1.9 GT to 1.6 147 TI ( due to purchasing a '97 spider as a weekend toy) and must say the 147 seems to suit me better. I loved the torque from the GT but feel the 147 has a better overall balance and even though its small I love the free revving of the 1.6 twinny :cool:

My insurance has gone down about £100 per year with Virgin but as ever will depend on personal circumstances!

Good luck:)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went the other way from 1.9 GT to 1.6 147 TI ( due to purchasing a '97 spider as a weekend toy) and must say the 147 seems to suit me better. I loved the torque from the GT but feel the 147 has a better overall balance and even though its small I love the free revving of the 1.6 twinny :cool:

My insurance has gone down about £100 per year with Virgin but as ever will depend on personal circumstances!

Good luck:)
what percentage ( roughly) would you say that is i.e if your insurance was £1000 before and went down by £100 then its not really a substantial amount but if your insurance was only £200 then there is a huge differance.

cheers.

Gaz.

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
My insurance for the GT was £750 and is £650 on the 147 (both the best quotes I could find). That £100 difference nearly paid for my half of the insurance on the Spider (shared with my good lady) so worked out well for me at the time.

Cheers

·
Registered
116 Posts
Am I missing something here? When I use confused,.com the prices it gives me are the prices I pay. If I want to change my car, I ring/mail my current insurers and they tell me how much it'll cost to change the policy for the rest of the year. Surely that's going to be much better than asking a load of people with completely different ages, driving hsitories and locations how much different they pay?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi
Went from 147 2.0 to GT 2.0 JTS. with the insurnace there are too many individual factors for people to really advise. I don't think mind changed by more than about £15 per year possibly reflecting the higher value of the GT. Change ofvalue is something else you will need to take account of as well.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies.
the reason i asked was to see if there was an actuall differance as my 147 is group 13 and a gt is 15 but this means absulutely nothing to me when i am insuring cars.
Confused.com is not an option for me as i get about 2-3 quotes for about 7000 (18 year old driver).
so i have to go on the old mans business insurance. i was paying 1200 fully comp so if people went from a 147 to gt like i am and their insurance went up alot then i would need to know.

dont know if all that made sense^^ but it did to me:p :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts