Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here know what order the plugs are meant to be?

I have just replaced mine and the order they were in was (looking left to right into the engine bay) :

BKR6EKPA - PMR7A - BKR6EKPA - PMR7A - BKR6EKPA - PMR7A - BKR6EKPA - PMR7A

does anyone know if this is correct? I replaced them as I found them although from the way the spark plug leads are set out it looks like it should be more like:

BKR6EKPA - PMR7A - BKR6EKPA - PMR7A - PMR7A - BKR6EKPA - PMR7A - BKR6EKPA

On another note - something else that also baffled me was that the new NGK BKR6EKPA plugs that I got were 10mm (thought they were supposed to be 14mm diameter?)

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
The same plug spanner is used for all the plugs but the threaded part is larger on one type that the other ... at least they are on mine as far as I remember. It's been a few years since I changed mine so going partly by memory and partly from pics on my Hints&Tips PDF on my website.

I'm pretty sure they are large in centre and small to right in all the cylinders on my 2.0 TS. It would be impossible to put them in any other way ... But then from left it's Coil pack, plug, CP, plug, plug, CP, plug, CP.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ahh cheers guys, that would make sense then on both accounts! It's not the spanner that is bigger but the diameter of the plug therefore it is impossible to mix them up anyway!

@Gazza82, It was the whole Coil pack, plug, CP, plug, plug, CP, plug, CP that threw me, as it seemed that not the same type of lead was always on the same type of plug!!

I took it for a test drive and it drives well so I guess the proof as they say is in the pudding!

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
No that threw me when I first looked .. you do assume the same plug would get the CP but it doesn't seem to matter ... so forget it now for 60K and just have fun!

Which reminds me ... mine a due a change .. :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts