Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

long time lurker, but new 147 owner. :) 1.9 8v, pre-facelift.

I have been reading around on what it takes to have a good handling 147. As the car did not cost all that much to me, I do not really want to spend it's price again on suspension.. But I still would like to have a good handling car for a reasonable amount.

I am working in Austria, so there are many-many amazing mountain roads here. I mainly use the car here, or on the highway going back home to Hungary. Rarely in cities and such.

The car is bone stock now. It does need however front lower control arms, and front uppers soon as well. I have read that it is not really worth it to use polyurethane bushes on the lowers, but it is a good idea to use them on the uppers (they are supposed to fit OEM and TRW arms, right?). Also they are supposed work well on the rears as well. Can anyone confirm?

As far as shocks and springs go: I have read mixed reviews on the TA technix coilovers, but seeing a few people's opinion they are not (that) bad, if you don't go too low. Or is it still wiser to get shocks and some 30-40mm lowering springs? The costs are not all that different.

Another thing: it is supposed to be an upgrade fitting GTA rear anti roll bars. Many people state this is a great upgrade over the stock, as it removes the tendecy of understeer out of the suspension.

Do you guys know how much camber you gain with a lowering of 30-40mm? It seems the fronts do not have much no height at the moment...

The engine power remains stock, but the brakes will be updated soon as well.

So thank you everyone for your help! :) I appreciate any input.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Mine is 40mm-ish lower,the front camber is now at -2.5 degrees,a little too much for a daily road car so i'm considering the offset upper arm bushes

1 - 3 of 3 Posts