Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Tried to find a similar topic affecting 147's but I can't.

Just wanted to know if anyone has had a problem where the stereo makes a terrible 'popping' sound (as in through the speakers) when going over a bump. It's a horrible electrical type of sound.

Also, I lose volume out of the rear passenger speaker when I turn a corner (an older problem).

Anyone had a similar problem that may have had success in getting it fixed?

Andrew

·
Registered
143 Posts
the two problems could be related as the rear speaker wires could be loose and shorting against each other or bad connections causing electrical noise. I'ts worth checking the radio earth making sure you have good continuity to tha cars frame.

D

·
0 Posts
You would need to pull out the head unit and make sure all the connections at the back are nice and secure.

You might also want to check the connectors between the footwell and doors are tight too - large round plug iirc.

To check the connections at the speakers I think the door panels need to come off on the 147. So I'd try the easiest checks first.

·
Registered
143 Posts
the earth will on the iso connector at the back of the radio although you could earth from the back of the radio casing, just run a wire from the radio casing to an earth point/block on the car frame.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts