Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My 2002 147 SS(Selespeed) is sometimes abit hard to fire up...
IT will fire but sometimes needs a slight touch on the accelerator pedal, does not depend on if the car is hot, cold or just been driven with.

The issue has been with me for a while but is getting worse as the days progress(been with me for over 1.5 year). My Central Locking(key fob) is not working properly. Does this car have a Safety System with a code in the key that could be screwing with me or?
Im going to check the spark plugs as there could be some fluid or grease in there but i doubt thats the issue.

Would love some opinion on the matter...

Cheers from Norway,
Lyngaas

G

·
0 Posts
The key does have to be coded to the locking but could be the sender in the key has had it.
Sounds like spark plugs.
One problem is that the oil gets past the filler and into the spark plug hole and gets trapped so could be that.
If it is make sure you clean out the coil pack tube bit aswell as the plugs . The oil can get right up inside to the connector on the small plugs as high as the cable !

·
Registered
975 Posts
Could also be a sensor on it's way out such as the phase sensor or crank sensor, having fault codes read with diagnostics might bring something up.

It's unlikely that your key is at fault, as long as you aren't getting any kind of "immobiliser fault" on the info display, as for your key fob not working, its most probably worn, faulty buttons or even cracked tracks and/or solder joints on the internal circuit board... However the key fobs circuitry is still a relatively separate system to the cars immobiliser and won't cause any starting issues.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm, as i was wearing my white pants i couldnt dig any further but it looked dirty but not greasy under the engine cover, im also abit worried about unplugging coil wires and such as my luck hasn't been good with this car ;)
Its going in for a selespeed tuneup and change of the Airbag control unit in not long so ill have em take a quick look then ;)

G

·
0 Posts
If you undo the plate the coil packs go through and losen the coils the whole lot can be removed with the metal plate .
It is quite difficult to put them Back the wrong way as the cables will only stretch so far or you could label with a bit of tape.
It all depends what you are comfortable with but that's how they will do it in the garage :thumbs:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts