Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as it seems it won't be long before I'll have to change springs and shocks in my 147. The car has toora 7,5x17 wheels with 215 45 17 tyres. I think that ti has a different setup than the normal 147, and my cousin's 156 has the sportpack suspension which is very nice in 156 but I don't know if it will be equally nice in 147. I don't know about other aftermarket combinations, because if you haven't driven a car you never know. I don't want the car to be very "stiff" because although the highways in my country are perfect (they are all brand new nowadays) the roads in towns are more like anti-tank obstacles than roads. There are also many vertical to the road shallow ditches (about 2 inches deep to 2 inches wide) which I call "suspension killers". So I can't sacrifice comfort or lower the car more than half an inch. Do you have any suggestions or has anyone tried the two alfa combinations I mention?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well as it seems it won't be long before I'll have to change springs and shocks in my 147. The car has toora 7,5x17 wheels with 215 45 17 tyres. I think that ti has a different setup than the normal 147, and my cousin's 156 has the sportpack suspension which is very nice in 156 but I don't know if it will be equally nice in 147. I don't know about other aftermarket combinations, because if you haven't driven a car you never know. I don't want the car to be very "stiff" because although the highways in my country are perfect (they are all brand new nowadays) the roads in towns are more like anti-tank obstacles than roads. There are also many vertical to the road shallow ditches (about 2 inches deep to 2 inches wide) which I call "suspension killers". So I can't sacrifice comfort or lower the car more than half an inch. Do you have any suggestions or has anyone tried the two alfa combinations I mention?
ive had both a 147 lusso and a ti with sport pack
really didnt notice it stiffer but to be fair thay had done 60k when i got it
does seem to handle better tho think its 25mm lower with the sport pack.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts