Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings one and many.

So I NEED to upgrade my speakers.

As MP heard last time, my car sounds like it is in a constant state of static when listing to the radio.

I took my panels off to inspect the damage (front only as the rear is a beach to remove).

In short i have one speaker "floating" in its holder and the other had gone missing :wow:

SO I managed to get a VERY cheap (don't shoot me please Paul), set of no name speakers for like R200 to fill and replace the shot and missing ones in front.

They work, but don't come NEAR to the one speak that was already in its blown state.

Now, my question is, Can I get a set of 147/156 speakers and just replace them with my shot speakers, or should I rather invest and go all out with the R3000-R4000 split system?

P.S. It is only the woofers that are shot, the tweeters are 100% fine.

·
Registered
6,004 Posts

·
Registered
7,640 Posts

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
Thanks Gertie, so next question is, where do I get the adapters for the speakers?
you make them out of wood. alfa 156 and 147 needs a single 16mm mdf ring

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
hahahaha... i could do with some now

·
Registered
86 Posts
I bought a set of Pioneers for my 156. The original Alpine speakers had perished very badly. It definitely made a big difference, although they are not the best speakers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,640 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Buy a set of splits for your car, bro. I got normal 6.5's for the GTV and hooked them up to the standard tweeters. Given the massive improvement (also set the fader to biase the sound towards the front), I'm sorry that I didn't buy a set of splits.

The rings you can cut from medium-density fibre board (MDF). I actually did this for my GTV yesterday (well, on the one side because I didn't have time to do the other). I had to buy a 6mm thick board in 2350 x 610 (R120) as they only sell them in that size but only used a 400 x 400 piece.

Reactions: scrgdk

·
Registered
276 Posts
I bought pioneers 6", if I'm not mistaken, for my 156, and I didn't need any kind of adaptor? They fitted perfectly. No rattling at all. However, they started distorting ever so slightly after a few months. But with the way I play my music I expected it

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
you have to space them out a little.. lemme see if i have some pics

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
I bought pioneers 6", if I'm not mistaken, for my 156, and I didn't need any kind of adaptor? They fitted perfectly. No rattling at all. However, they started distorting ever so slightly after a few months. But with the way I play my music I expected it
The adapter also help seal the speaker. A speaker needs a sealed cavity (or tuned port vent) to press into for best sound production and also protect the speaker from over-extending and thus damaging itself. If the cavity is made proper then the benefit is two fold - better sound production, thus less effort from the speaker is needed , thus the added protection helps even more

1 - 16 of 16 Posts