Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have the e learn cd but i dont understand the torq settings for the spark plugs i have the earlier 147 with a 2.0 ts any 0ne help please:)

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Some plugs have the torque settings on the box if you're putting new ones in, I've always erred on the side of caution, as damaged threads are a nightmare!

·
Registered
6,721 Posts
What don't you understand about the torque settings specified in eLearn? If it's because it gives two figures, these are upper & lower limits - aim for midway & you'll be fine.

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
Autodata has:
Large Plugs: 25-35Nm
Small Plugs: 10-12Nm

Checking eLearn now...

·
Registered
30,081 Posts
and eLearn has:
Large Plug: 2.3-2.8daNm (which is 23-28Nm)
Small Plug: 1.0-1.3daNm (which is 10-13Nm)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks very much i couldnt understand this 1.0-1.3daNm now i need a torq bar that has smaller readings mine starts at 30daNm

·
Registered
129 Posts
I personally wouldnt wory too much about the torque settings tbh. Srew all the plugs in finger tight using a socket and extension then give them a nip up say 1/4 of a turn and thats all you need to do. You will know when the are tight enough by the feel.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i downloaded that software i used the elearn cd giving readings 1.0-1.3daNm and 2.3-2.8daNm converted it to foot pounds? what reading do you get?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts