Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm no sound expert but from what I have heard is that Bose are pretty good sound systems but I'm dissapointed with it on my 147. First off you have to crank the sucker to 50 just to get proper audio level. The speaker on the drivers side is softer than the other even when playing with the balance. Also in the boot there is a Bose emblem on the carpet, is there a amp or something that may not be working ? Almost any over the counter stereo will give better sound than what I have :confused: Are you guys happy with yours ?

D

·
0 Posts
In the corner of the boot is an amplifier and Woofer. Not really a sub as its only 13cm I think.
Not great sound wise though. Trying to decide whether to upgrade to new head unit, amp and speakers.

M

·
0 Posts
Yep, I love mine.

Anything less then 40 is sublime silence but the quality is great once you turn it up and it does go up to 66. I had a courtesy car not long ago with a normal sound system, it went up to 20 but anything above 12 the whole car shook with distortion!!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
do a search, some people are not impressed with the sound quality of their bose units, I have not heard the alfa bose setup but did try a honda accord (i know) with bose a while ago and the sound was rubbish!
assume it simply wasnt configured right and was on the base default setting.

I have the regular system in my 156 and that lacks the tweeter in the rear doors, so i have lowered the volume at the back as its too mixed and muddy.
i am almost happy with it.

play with your settings.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
a decent aftermarket headunit along with a decent set of door speakers and replacement tweeters will do wonders for the sound quality in any car, bose is not a good quality sound system (car or home) and never will be, it is just a well marketed brand

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
They dont have any seperate tweeter under that bit that says BOSE, couldnt believe it when I read it on here. They are in the main bit :wow:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
+1 to Jim (did I say that ;)) ... the standard setup has a tweeter in that part of the door, in the BOSE system there is a combined tweeter/mid range speaker in the main bit of the door ... so that BOSE emblum is a glorified blanking plate ... I too am not that impressed with BOSE ... as a £700 option it's rubbish

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I was wondered too :) But they left a wire to put them in your own!
They put standard wiring into all cars, this makes it easier to refit options, e.g. electric seats, cruise control etc ...

·
Registered
12,881 Posts

·
Registered
14,575 Posts

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
my bose is great!!
Some $hitbag took the sub out the boot and cut the connectors off :mad: Have managed to get another one but not had it fitted :mad:

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Got my 156 upgraded to BOSE for free, managed to get hold of the Amp out of the back of a 147, I had a bit of trouble getting it out though so I just cut the connectors ... ;)

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Got my 156 upgraded to BOSE for free, managed to get hold of the Amp out of the back of a 147, I had a bit of trouble getting it out though so I just cut the connectors ... ;)
:bat:

I think the previous owner had a banging system in her because there is a small square of carpet on the boot lid probally to stop it vibrating.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I was quite impressed with the Bose in my old 147. It's not as good as decent aftermarket gear but as a standard set-up, it was plenty good enough.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My bose system is fine..:)
just have one small noise problem when you are below 5 and with no music on the radio.. you can hear some static on the speakers

1 - 20 of 28 Posts