Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've been getting a reoccurring error message on the dash board telling me that my side lights on both left and right sides have failed, however the side lights are working absolutely fine... :confused:

Has anyone had this issue before or know how to resolve this issue???

Many Thanks

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Not had that issue but mine used to give regular rear fog light failure errors. It's likely to be the beginning of a body computer fault but mine didn't get any worse over about three years so I did nothing more about it.

G

·
mine tells me that the number plate bulb has failed - may be true, but it tells me even when the lights are off....

·
Registered
30,422 Posts
mine tells me that the number plate bulb has failed - may be true, but it tells me even when the lights are off....
Have you thought about checking it and replacing the failed bulb?

·
Registered
7,543 Posts
Mine did that, but only when the speedo went above 45MPH!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Mine was giving the rear fog notification.

Turns out it's just the contacts losing touch with the bulb and breaking the circuit.

Easy fix, unit out, bulb out, pull contacts out slightly, back in and hasn't made a sound since :)

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Pretty much as above.

The system won't throw up a failure warning for no reason.

It essentially comes down to the resistance detected within the system.

Check your bulbs and contact points on the bulb holder...clean them with contact cleaner and if necessary a light grade sand paper......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts