Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,just joined up after buying a 147 selespeed on a 52 plate..Loved the car from the minute i drove it..!! only thing i need to get fixed is the seat height adjuster,120quid from alfa for a new one.Is this a common fault??any cheap fixes?? Any other 147 gremlins i should watch out for?

·
Registered
172 Posts
my wife has just bought one and I have to say I love it, takin a while to get used to the Selespeed, but god I love the sound when you downshift with it :p

the only annoying thing i could find was how quiet the indicator noise is - although maybe its just my hearing :D

it does seem to be a lot faster than I thought it would be - I cant believe the official 9.3 sec 0-60 official figure is right

ive driven a 106GTi a lot of times and theyre 7.4 seconds, and in no way does the Selespeed feel slower, quite the opposite in fact.

it didnt come with a Manual thou (well except for a generic one) so im not really sure what some of the stuff on the stalks mean, in particular the one beside the indicator stalk on the left , its got one arrow kinda pointing up and one down, and an on/off switch beside it...

M

·
0 Posts
stonebanks41 said:
Hi,just joined up after buying a 147 selespeed on a 52 plate..Loved the car from the minute i drove it..!! only thing i need to get fixed is the seat height adjuster,120quid from alfa for a new one.Is this a common fault??any cheap fixes?? Any other 147 gremlins i should watch out for?

welcome dude to AO....to find out more about the joys of driving a 147 i would suggest you have a look at the 147 forum..lots of info and help when needed.

all the best

:) :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hi, the stalk you refer too is cruise control..on/off..of course and arrows to increse or decrease set speed..pushbutton on the end of the stalk is to resume cruise after you've disengaged it through braking..a green dial will appear in the ccentre cluster just below gear selected icon..hope this helps..well happy with my selespeed too,once you learn how to use it..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts