Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Can anyone help !!!!
I have an alfa 147 Selespeed semi automatic, I have read various messages with people with similar problems with the Selespeed System Failure Light coming on & Motor Control System Failure light its either on or the other but mainly is Selespeed System Failure. The problem is I can be driving and most of the time of in either 4th or 5th gear and all off a sudden it will bleep at me Selespeed System Failure or the other one !! and it drops to second gear and wont come out of it !!. I have been told its a limp mode to get you home. I have had Green Flag out on numerous occassions and have been told so far 3 different things. I have replaced a brake pedal and an accelerator pedal as advised by Green Flag when they put on the diagnostic computer when I replaced the accelerator pedal it was OK for a couple of days then did it again

I am now so frustrated !!!!:( all I want is someone to tell me what is wrong so I can fix it but no-one seems to know, can anyone help me out please !!! the latest thing is a sensor on my gearbox !!! has this happened to anyone else with a 147 2002 plate. Thanks would really appreciate any help at all xxxxx :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
errm, so I've bought an alfa romeo 147 selespeed (2L) and if I am driving and I turn the car off and go back to drive it, it won't start, I have to wait at least 15mins and it will just start up again, the other day it cut out WHILST driving! and said something about the immobiliser, at times it will flash about a motor system failure other times it wont, when i turn it off it sounds as though each electrical compnent is shutting down one after the other! i really love this car but i am unaware of the actual problem and it will ending up costing more to fix than it's worth...help!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts