Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the 147SS has been good to me, work and back and work and back and work and back.
Then one morning she decides, nope, not today, battery flat, relay clicking, no motor turning.
*sigh*
speak nice to the lady
nothing
Buy another battery and turn the key, she starts but now theres a Selespeed System Failure warning light and sound
*sigh*
engage Reverse, pull slightly out the garage, engage 1st, press pedal slightly, jumps into neutral
*sigh*
engage 2nd, she lurches forward but doesnt slip the gear
*sigh*
ok, switch off, start up again, engage gear? um, no
*sigh*
engage reverse? um, no, not right now
*sigh*
Do what Tony showed me to do with the plugs on the selector box, weird funny noises and whirring and tada! she engages gears again, but slips from first
*sigh*
switch off, go sleep
*sunrise*
walk over to her, open the door........... no primer pump *sigh*
jumps in and turn the key with the hope she will do what I want her to do?
um no, sorry for me
Call Tony
Tony brings diagnostics machine
Just over an hour of fiddling and running parameters and programs and testing relays and checking fuses: "Sorry boet, you gonna have to get it towed to our workshop"
*sigh*
Seems the circlip on the selector rod (?) INSIDE the gearbox has come off......

This car knows how to hit the wallet hard
AA membership renewal (funny how it happens like that hey?) - R780
AA towing to Chris' workshop in Boksburg - R540 (R6 odd per km, the highways are full, take a detour here n there to miss traffic)
Circlip - R20 (maybe)
Spring - Agents only R????.??

And Christmas bonus has yet to be confirmed
*sigh*
It's going to be a loooooooooooooooooong month......

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update on the Selespeed:
Got her back two weeks ago, Tony did an amazing job! She runs like a dream! even better than before! This called for celebration, so she was treated to some Pirelli P Zero's, now she's smooth as silk!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts