Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help. I bought this vehicle which has been standing without a battery for about 6 months. Fitted a battery yesterday and when opening the driver door, the instrument panel turned on, and you can hear the pump running. Inserted the key and then - nothing. It won't turn on the ignition. Even the windows, radio, etc won't work. As you press the window button, for instance, it only makes a clicking sound. The vehicle is still without a radiator as I still need to replace it, but surely this cant cause the ignition not turning on?

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
your battery might be in a low state of charge so charge it up

your problem is regards not able to turn ignition ON as in no power or key not turning(turn steering wheel)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response, much appreciated. Yes, there is no power. The dash lights just stays off even when turning the key to accessories or all the way to start. The only action that takes place is to open and close the door, then the dash lights comes on, the pump functions, and then it goes off. (I'm not ferry good in explanations, hopes this makes sense). Will recharge the new battery and try again and post the outcome.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts