Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Having some problems with the pressure from my screen wash. Also it seems to be coming through foamier than usual (ie bubbles stick to the blades). It's an 02 plate 147 1.6l twinny lusso.

Now I've just finished work under the engine (variator/cam belt and alternator replacement) just wondering if I could have nicked a hose and getting air in it or could it possibly be a pump problem?

The pressure has never been that great (high speed blowing the wash from the screen, taking a couple seconds to come through the left jet) but now it's worse - it just trickles! Still running the 3 hole jets but going to switch to the 2 hole jets while getting this sorted

Thanks,

Peange

·
Registered
79 Posts
screen wash pressure

not sure if this is the right path but my 146 had no-return valves in the lines and these got blocked so removed and cleaned , no problems after .

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So would that invlove taking the whole line out? And also is it just the valves that need the cleaning?
Sorry but never dealt with this kind of problem

-Peange

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Is there any pooling of water on the ground when operating the washers?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll have a check when I get back from work. If there is, what would this point to?

-Peange

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Splits in the hose, specially where it coils where the bonnet meets the scuttle panel, had to splice mine twice in that area recently...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right, finally home and had a check. Seems to be one giant puddle behind the o/s/f tyre. Looks like a have a leak somewhere!

-Peange

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Thought so, check the pipe in the location above :thumbs:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A wee update and a thank you. Finally got round to splicing the hose, problem solved and better than ever!

-Peange

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Nice one :thumbs:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts