Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone on here had to replace a rev counter on a 147?

Just looking for rough estimate of prices (and labour time).

Was camping at weekend in the New Forest (lovely part of the world) and when returning back to tent after a late night lav visit I noticed a continous glow from the drivers side rear light. I have had the light failure on for a couple of weeks and kind of knew this could be the problem, so this has just confirmed by suspicions.

I have contacted a local firm (AutoClinic in Chelmsford) for a quote and just want to know what to expect to pay for this.

On a side note - noticed quite a few Alfa's down in that part of the country, and on way home had a lovely blue 147 GTA coming through the Dartford Tunnel with me - very nice indeed!!!

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
i'd say you could pick one up cheap as chips in a breakers... as for the labour of fitting it, i've no idea :confused:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well then...

I was wrong.

Just rang Jamie @ Alfa Workshop for a quote and he told me that i will not need a rev counter for the 147 as this runs differently to the 156 (that will teach me for self-diagnosing), its more than likely the Body Computer that will need replacing.

Need to call him tomorrow with chassis number to get a quote on the part.

Cheers Jamie if your reading! :thumbs:

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah - was thinking that too.

Just wondering, at present the only problem i can see from the failed Body computer is that the light is glowing dimly and when no lights are selected the message reades right side light failure. However, when called upon, all lights work fine. Are these the only problems of the failed computer or will it cause more serious issues if i where to leave it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts