Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its taken a month to get here from Austria as they are made to order but its finally here :)

It does look as though it will need the bumper trimming back though.
I say trimming but the Remus diagram suggests extending it over an inch !!

Im going to try and get Kwick Fit or ATS to fit it in the standard cutout first though, it looks like it should fit but might sit a little bit low.

If needs be then I suppose it will have to be trimmed back. I wonder if either of the above will have the facilities to trim the bumper back :confused:

Does anyone think the exhaust sitting millimeters from the bumper will cause any problems ?

Piccies attached

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
RIOT said:
It does look as though it will need the bumper trimming back though.
I say trimming but the Remus diagram suggests extending it over an inch !!

Just done a quick trial fitting, sliding the exhaust end over the existing one to see roughly where it would sit and it all looks like it will fit easily !!

Theres at least 5mm between bumper and exhaust if it sits where im expecting it to so there should be no need to cut the bumper :D

Roll on saturday when it will hopefully be fitted :cool:

·
Registered
30,031 Posts
Why not have a go at fitting it your self?
You will probably do a better job than the average kwik-fit-fitter...

Use coppa-slip on the joint to allow it to slide on nice & easy, it will also help it seal.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lack of tools and means to raise the car up to get at it are why Im not even attempting to do this myself :)

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
Just install it yourself. Only raising you have to do can be done by parking on side on a trottoir (English?), tools needed: 10 mm (or was it 13) socket wrench and a screwdriver + you'll need some clamp to fix the pipe over the downpipe under the car (Wimster & I used the original one that we grinded of the original backbox).

It'll cost you 30 min. max, it's really simple. Wimster & I installed 2 CSC backboxes in less then an hour :cool:

To be honest: this Remus looks a bit strange: you really can see that there is a small round hole in the big oval one :(

Anyway, this will become black soon ;) (that's the advantage of my diesel :p )

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ivo said:
To be honest: this Remus looks a bit strange: you really can see that there is a small round hole in the big oval one :( )

Im not bothered by that, im not expecting the pipe to give my x amount of extra bhp etc its purely an asthetic modification to improve the looks of the rear of the car by loosing the standard one which just looks odd after alfa spent so much time adding alu door handles etc....

Attached a piccy of the inside

·
Registered
7,920 Posts
Riot,

I agree, the original backbox is !!!!e! :p

And as I said, I guess the inside of your Remus will turn more black, so you won't see the smaller hole :)

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
Ivo said:
I agree, the original backbox is !!!!e! :p
And I'm getting a little bit tired of it... :rolleyes: ;)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Arggghhh damn ATS damn kwik fit

I called ATS on Wednesday to see if they would fit it and they said they would do it on Saturday.
On Saturday I call again just to check before I go there and the swines have had a memo passed round yesterday saying they are no longer allowed to fit parts that were not bought from them .... argh !!!! :rant:

Kwik Fit had exactly the same message last week too :(

Im gonna have to wait till next saturday for a mobile mechanic to come round and fit it for me now ...... he wants less than ATS did to fit it though :p

All local garages are fully booked for ages aswell :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts