Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have oddly arranged rear seat belt buckles?

The way mine fit together with their securing catch means that the release button is on the side facing the passenger's body rather than on the outer face where the button is easy to push to release!

It's almost as if the buckles have been removed from their fixing points for some reason and were put back the wrong way round! :confused:

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
Probusterrace said:
Anyone else have oddly arranged rear seat belt buckles?

The way mine fit together with their securing catch means that the release button is on the side facing the passenger's body rather than on the outer face where the button is easy to push to release!

It's almost as if the buckles have been removed from their fixing points for some reason and were put back the wrong way round! :confused:
Presumably you have checked them by lifting up the rear seat base....they are on 'textile' extensions rather than a 'wire' stalk in my car and may be just twisted as opposed to installed incorrectly. Easy to fix either way.

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. Good suggestion but I've tried that.

I fold the seats down quite regularly and always have a job gettting the catches back through the holes in the seats. Not a good bit of design IMO, fairly cheap solution, unlike other marques where they attach to the seat backs so you don't have to fish about for them.

N

·
0 Posts
Have't you just got the centre lapstrap and right
passenger ones mixed up? :confused:

EDIT: to be honest I just hid the centre lapstrap
under the seat to avoid confusion, I never carried
that many people in the 147.

;)

·
Premium Member
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope. They are poke yoked and each buckle only fits in the corresponding latch so I don't think thats it.

This is only really a problem when I am playing taxi for the missus and her pals on a Friday night after the pub.

Not only can they not find the rear door handle in order to get into the car (never ceases to amuse me :D) but the problem with the seat belts is made more difficult when the three backseat passengers are absolutely mullered and haven't a clue what they are doing! :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts