Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fitted a new interior to the 147 and the replacement rear seat catches that hold the backrests up dont latch, they just rest against the striker plate. The old ones did this also and I was hoping the new ones would be ok, but no. If I insert a screw driver into the mechanism it appears to work, but it wont work against the striker, I take it its a common problem. Anyone else had the same prob or know of a cure?

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
my catches sometimes won't engage properly either.. they'll slot into the catch, but then it doesn't lock into place :confused:
I'm not sure if that's the same problem as you're describing, but giving it a couple of hearty pushes generally gets it to finally click into place :)

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gave them both a hefty shove but now they wont release, theyre stuck in the up position and wont fold :cry:

·
Registered
1 Posts
bri

just folded rear seat down this afternoon. its a split seat and one side works perfectly but the other side just wont reset. exactly the same problem your experiencing. Have tried wd40 and no matter how much force is applied still wont click into place. perhaps its a case of buying a new mechanism ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts