Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
147 2.0 selespeed. 53 plate, 80something thousand miles.

I have noticed a noise when cornering at slow speed, but am unable to identify it.

The sound can only be described as though something light and plastic hanging down and is bouncing and dragging along the road; it is only present when cornering. It might well be present at higher speeds, but I'm unable to hear due to it's volume, it's also unrelated to engine-speed or gear selection.

I can't see anything hanging down underneath the car that would explain this noise, nor can I see anything obvious protruding inside the wheel arches.

Does this sound familiar to anyone, or is it time for some potentially expensive garage-type investigative work.

72000 mile service was done a month or so ago, albeit a fair bit overdue, at Alfaworkshop.

Last time I ignored a rattle, which sounded like a loose scuttle panel, on my Citroen C5, it resulted in a failed pulley, a broken belt and trashed engine, so I may be being overcautious now :)

a

·
Registered
102 Posts
theres is a seperate section of plastic in the inner wheel arch on the passanger side behind the wheel mines was loose a scrapped on the inside of my wheel check that two screws hold it in place i can get you a picture if needed

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sounds like it could be a wheel bearing or a bush mate not expensive
Hmm possibly..

I've always associated worn wheel bearings with more of a rumble, than a light rattle.

I'll check it out.

a

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
theres is a seperate section of plastic in the inner wheel arch on the passanger side behind the wheel mines was loose a scrapped on the inside of my wheel check that two screws hold it in place i can get you a picture if needed
That sounds more likely..

I'll have a look at that tonight..

Cheers

a

1 - 8 of 8 Posts