Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
In case anyone is interested I will be putting the engine and gearbox (inc. Quaife) from a 2007 (57) 147 Q2 Sport on here. Would like to sell complete but will break down if necessary. Has been removed from the vehicle and is on a pallet. Collection only from Cambridgeshire.

Main question:
Is there anything else from the vehicle that would be interesting to anyone here? Interior (seats) are good condition (full leather) but need a good clean as the vehicle has sat for a while. Wheels are fair condition with good tyres. It's a three door and the driver's door is totalled but the passenger door is healthy.

Please, give me some ideas to put together some classified ads!

Regards,
Darren

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
So it's a 147 Q2, which has had the Q2 removed and replaced with a Quaife?

How much are you looking for?

Might get luck stripping the other valuable bits, so turbo, MAF, exhaust cats, driveshafts if they're in good nick, wheels, steering wheel, interior etc..

·
Vendor
46,347 Posts
Is it a 3door or 5door model? Give me a ring/text as I can't PM you - 07807 035269

·
Registered
780 Posts
It's a 3 door Pud :thumbup:

Definitely some valuable things on there to strip OP.....assuming Pud doesn't take it off your hands!

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Maybe wheels, depending on condition and price. If colour is 876B black and no paint damage, maybe passenger front wing too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the delay in responding.

I'll try and answer all the questions in one post :D

Firstly the engine is already out of the vehicle (on a pallet). The reason for this is that I had the water pump replaced and one of the bolts for the idler pulley corroded and stripped the aluminium bolt. The engine was a good runner with about 68k. Slightly noisy tappets on startup but fine afterwards.

@_The_Editor_
It's a 147 Q2. The 'Q' is a Quaife Differential as far as I was aware. I'm open to offers for the entire engine / gearbox / diff or broken down to individual bits. Prices will be around what if on offer on eBay at the moment.

@Pud237
It's a 3dr in black. The driver's door is bad and the rear panel from the door backwards is slightly damaged.

@AussieAlex
Indeed, 3 dr.

@KBR1
I'll get some pictures and get back to you soon.

@halftone
Passenger wing is fine (I'll get pictures). Wheels fair / ok with four good tyres. I'll check the paint code as well.

Kind regards,
Darren

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
@_The_Editor_
It's a 147 Q2. The 'Q' is a Quaife Differential as far as I was aware. I'm open to offers for the entire engine / gearbox / diff or broken down to individual bits. Prices will be around what if on offer on eBay at the moment.
Ahh ok.

The Q2 is the Alfa original upgraded diff, whilst the Quaife is an aftermarket diff. They are different units, but they do the same job...

Not sure if one is generally considered better than the other, or if they're both equally better than the standard open diff....

Either way, I might be interested... The whole lot might sit on a pallet in my garage until the day I actually get to it... But I've been looking out for a JTD 6speed box with a Q2/Quaife!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Ahh ok.

The Q2 is the Alfa original upgraded diff, whilst the Quaife is an aftermarket diff. They are different units, but they do the same job...

Not sure if one is generally considered better than the other, or if they're both equally better than the standard open diff....

Either way, I might be interested... The whole lot might sit on a pallet in my garage until the day I actually get to it... But I've been looking out for a JTD 6speed box with a Q2/Quaife!
From what I've read the Quaife is generally considered to be better than the Q2 but they are both significantly better than a non-LSD setup

·
Registered
19 Posts
Guys,
In case anyone is interested I will be putting the engine and gearbox (inc. Quaife) from a 2007 (57) 147 Q2 Sport on here. Would like to sell complete but will break down if necessary. Has been removed from the vehicle and is on a pallet. Collection only from Cambridgeshire.

Main question:
Is there anything else from the vehicle that would be interesting to anyone here? Interior (seats) are good condition (full leather) but need a good clean as the vehicle has sat for a while. Wheels are fair condition with good tyres. It's a three door and the driver's door is totalled but the passenger door is healthy.

Please, give me some ideas to put together some classified ads!

Regards,
Darren
I'd like the gear lever complete. Mines got a nasty aftermarket one and also fouls the surround. How much?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Gearbox is 6 speed off 1.9 with Q2?
If so how much for the box with Q2, would consider fitting to my 156 2.4JTD SW as an upgrade.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Hi so whst you after for the lot.. I'm more interested in the diff really

Thanks Chris

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've removed the seats and given them a quick clean. All good with no damage, leather with some minor light drying out. Side bolsters still in good. Pictures available at request.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What's condition of drivers front wing and bumper? Is it black?
Front bumper is in poor to fair condition (lots of scraps underneath and one on the side - done before I purchased the vehicle!). If you're still interested I'll put some photos up (it's off the car). Passenger wing ok but damned if I could get the thing off the car :D

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I think (hope!) the wing is attached to the A-pillar by a ton of mastic that needs cutting through once bolts are removed. But I am guessing.

I'm still interested in Q2 wheels as the decorative ribs on the spokes are pretty badly kerbed on a couple of mine. Because of the design I don't think a putty repair would last long. Pics of yours would be good. I'd hope to cobble together 1 decent set that are worth re-furbing so I'm not bothered by shabby paint.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts