Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh i am happy today

After reading several posts on the forum with regards to exhausts,i decided to take the car (147 2.0 TS) to Big City Tyres , Nottingham who sorted me out with a full Powerflow Exhaust System (thanks guys)

Never imagined it to sound like it does. Nice "rasping" noise - not too loud but deep. Definatley not "Corsa'd"!!

Kev

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
do you have a decent induction kit or CAI on also? really lets her roar...

the alfa engines do sound fantastic. theres a clip of mine somewhere on here... CLICKY

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have just bought a Raid HP Air Induction kit - not fitted it yet though Prob gonna get on it at the weekend.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
be sure to carry out an ECU reset when you have fitted it. this way you will be getting the biggest benefit from the exhasut and CAI.

ECU Reset:

disconnect live terminal from battery
turn ignition to on (not trying to start the engine up!)
apply brake pedal for about 15 mins to drain any residual current
refit live terminal
go for a 'sprinted' drive to maximise performance or a subdued drive to maximise efficiency.

the car will learn the new parts eventually if you dont do an ecu reset however this process means you dont have to wait till you have covered X miles to feel the benefits. the car should feel much more responsive and possibly a little quicker although dont expect great gains in power, its more response you will notice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts