Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok peeps why can't I get my phlenum chamber off in situ there just does not seem to be enough room to remove it have I missed some thing ? Wanted to leave it in place to remove the engine when I swap the engine over but wont come out? Suppose I will have enough room when I lower the engine just wanted it out of harms way before I attempt to lower the motor any ideas???? Cheers :cry:

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I managed to get one on my 1.6 (a 2.0 one that is) but had to leave off a nut as it was a total pig to get to. Probably easier getting it off afterwards?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you mean the nut just underneath the p/steering resovir got that off cut my hand to bits but had to get in the engine bay while the battery btray was out and reached through underneath the chamber???took 20 mins 2 clicks of the ratchet each turn AAARRGGGHHH

·
Registered
9,620 Posts
It is awkward....the nut you've described, a matching one at the other end of the plenum, the two bolts on the steady bracket, and of course the clips on the inlet ducting and all the bits of wiring clipped to the plenum.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah I missed the steady bracketing felt like there was something else cheers I'll try that:thumbs: This site is so helpful Cheers.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts