Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I got a "low battery charge" warning on my display twice today. The voltmeter indicates 11.5V with the engine running (both at idle and high revs). My 147 is 1.6TS 2001 with 105.000Km on the clock. My battery is not extremely healthy because I usually use my bike for everyday needs, and I use my alfa once or twice a month. Sometimes I charge the battery with a car battery charger, but the last time i charged it without disconnecting the negative pole (not sure if this is relevant to the problem i had today)

any ideas?

thanks

PS:
I usually had a 14V voltage with a cold engine running, and after the engine became warmer the voltage was dropping to 12.8 - 12.9V. not sure if this is normal behaviour. Today the voltage was 11.5V constantly.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
If it is running at 11.5 while at idle and high revs the alternator is not charging correctly. It should be around 14v. New alternator time I'm affraid :(

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is running at 11.5 while at idle and high revs the alternator is not charging correctly. It should be around 14v. New alternator time I'm affraid :(
thats what i thought too, but could it be something related to slipping belt or something? I m not sure if the alternator belt is toothed or plain (sorry for the bad terms).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts