Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Alfa Romeo 159 JTD 8v (2009)
308 Posts
I've recently had this similar story on my car - car seemed to be running better than normal, but occasionally a flat spot between 2500 and 3000 revs and after about a week the engine management light would come on - diagnosis showed a potential lambda sensor problem (top ones just after the manifold). Changed just the one to see if there was any difference, cleared the light, still ran 'too well' and management light back on after another week, etc..

In the end I changed the MAF and though the fault showed lambda - the MAF cured it. Hope this helps...

· Registered
Alfa Romeo 159 JTD 8v (2009)
308 Posts
I was told that the engine needs to be in balance to keep that light off - it can throw a lambda error because the lambda is not getting readings in its accepted parameters. Only cause can be that it's faulty or the mixture coming out of the engine and getting to the lambda is way out of the parameters so can never be acceptable. If it's not the first (duff labda), then it must be the MAF as that controls what goes in. So that either has an air leak or is faulty (if that makes sense).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.