Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i was driving wifes 147 today and after refiling petrol here it came the ******* engine management light p 0141 bank 1 sensor 2 heater and this after i replaced 2 exhaust valves and all front suspension .now i ve deleted and comes every second start so i cleaned al 3 lambda conectors and all relays in the engine bay no luck thougt.wich one by the way is bank 1 sensor 2? 2 in the manifold left right looking at the engine and the lower under car one? this came just after i pour some petrol in and start it again so out of the blue .any other causes? sugestions? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i Have the same problem, do you have any lose of power ?

i replaced both mine at a cost of 110 quid, still comes up with the fault thou :(

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no loss of power whatsoever goes like a bomb but that worry me cause the fuel gauge goes the same:eek: in your case maybe its the connections rather the sensors? or maybe its the 3rd sensor under the car? if its only the heater issue you get then with new sensors its definatly the connectors or the relay but if you get abnormal values errors then it may run rich,too much petrol so ,check maf,sparks, coils temp sensor all the usual.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for help friends or alfa entusiast after 2 months i get 2 post very helpfull wonder should i get 5 bmw instead of the 5 alfa s that i have?

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've recently had this similar story on my car - car seemed to be running better than normal, but occasionally a flat spot between 2500 and 3000 revs and after about a week the engine management light would come on - diagnosis showed a potential lambda sensor problem (top ones just after the manifold). Changed just the one to see if there was any difference, cleared the light, still ran 'too well' and management light back on after another week, etc..

In the end I changed the MAF and though the fault showed lambda - the MAF cured it. Hope this helps...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks raingod its really a bit of light in the mess aldo lambda error as a result of airflowmeter? thats strange but i ll check thanks

·
Registered
241 Posts
I was told that the engine needs to be in balance to keep that light off - it can throw a lambda error because the lambda is not getting readings in its accepted parameters. Only cause can be that it's faulty or the mixture coming out of the engine and getting to the lambda is way out of the parameters so can never be acceptable. If it's not the first (duff labda), then it must be the MAF as that controls what goes in. So that either has an air leak or is faulty (if that makes sense).

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sort it

:cheese::cheese: it was only the heater for no 3 lambda,the bank1 sys 2 meaning the one on the exhaust last one by the way it manifest intermitent could be days till come back ,and if engine hot will not throw a error only on cold start obviously when heater has to do its job, happy enough anyway,as i know wat it is now, ONE BIT OF A TIP when engine under operating temp 90 say this 3rd lambda bank 1sys 2 will display 1.240v with no changes on any car i tested it only stars working and change its value after operating temp 90 or 107 on some opels and cat temp 600 celsius so be warn when you do live readings with diagnostics .all best chris.:thumbs:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts