Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two cays for my 2003 147, one works just fine remotely (apart from the boot button doesnt work) but the other, although all three buttons seem to be fine, does not talk to the car, is it possible to re-prgramme the second key, without taking it to a dealer or getting new keys?, they are pretty much identical as far as i can tell. They are both the original alfa keys but the one that feels less used, doesnt work as well!!!

Any thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the key will open the door manually and start the car up as normal, plus it has a new battery in it. its just the remote part thats not working, the light on the fob lights up when you press the buttons so i dont think theres a connection issue.......

G

·
A thread search will tell you that the keys are not programmable.
It's the car that has to be programmed to accept keys.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lovely, thanks for that, im now guessing that the car can only be sorted to take the keys by a dealer? or is there a sneaky way?

·
Registered
46 Posts
2nd Key

Hi, I have a 2002 147 2.0 as a 2nd car to goto the station. Neither key work as remote / alarm but the 2nd key reports immobilizer failure.
Any help greatly appreciated.

I found a few sites that offer 2nd hand keys that 'work' but guess they will need to be programed once the key blade is attached.

Thoughts - ??
Rich

1 - 11 of 11 Posts