it has worked fine until saturday, then just packed up
have changed the battery, but nothing
key unlocks the door ok and car starts, just the remote locking not working
if anyone has any ideas, would be very grateful
thanks

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
Check for a fuse, not sure if it has a dedicated fuse or not, failing that it's your key that's shot, although 3 buttons failing at once is a pretty long shot, sometimes they break away from the pcb

·
Registered
5 Posts
Same problem

Spare key works perfectly so not a fuse. Battery changed on one that doesn't work, still doesn't work. Battery tests as OK so... complete fail. Anybody else got any ideas?:(

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Yep and it is a common problem. The basically wipes itself. You'll need to get it coded to the car again. 147 is reasonable simple I believe as it's canbus based.

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Just try disconnecting the cars battery for ten minutes (don't forget your radio code etc). Sorted my similar problem out.

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Good news :thumbs:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Happy to give it a go but how does that explain one key working and the other not? BTW, dealer wants £70 + VAT to recode key to car :eek:

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Because one key has been forgotten. :). Put a fresh battery in it to make sure

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if it helps - in my situation neither key was working (changed batteries on both to make sure)
so I guess something in the locking system was out of kilter, and that disconnecting the battery cleared this
(a bit like turning your computer off, then on again maybe :cheese:)
anyway, it worked for me

good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
The key that had been 'forgotten' was the one in most use. And I did change the key batteries which made no difference. But, hey, like I said I'll give the battery disconnect/reconnect a go just as soon as I've found my radio code...

·
Registered
20 Posts
My key FOB stopped working yesterday. Disconnecting the battery cable for 20 minutes and again for 40 minutes did not work for me. Yesterday, I was cleaning my car for 2 hours and using the rear hatch button on the FOB a few times. I did leave the hatch and a side door open for a long time. Later, while I was carefully wiping down the engine and removing debris, my wife had to use my car. When she returned the FOB was not working. I did clean around the battery and other electrical stuff, but I was being careful, knowing how sensitive my 2003 147 Eco is to electrical fluctuations.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts