Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
When I bought my Alfa 147 I was buying a car which I didn't know at all. I've never driven an Alfa ore even sat in one...
So I'm asking about the reliability of the car especially, does the engine last(1.9jtdm) do the plastics rattle or squick, is there anything that I must know being a new Alfa owner?...Probably this was already discussed here but I've searched a little and I didn't find anything..

·
Registered
555 Posts
You have bought yourself a great car. If it's the 150 bhp JTDm it will go like stink and give you 41-45 mpg combined.

Things will probably go wrong with it. It's difficult to say what things, but avoid potholes and rough roads as the suspension wears out quite quickly.

But like most people here, although you will often find your car frustrating with niggling faults, your heart will rule your head and you won't care as it's such a great drive.And not every bu**er has one.

·
Registered
662 Posts
no interior probs everything is solid and well put together, and in fact no massive probs reported with the diesel engines either so youve definitely ended up with the right car for not really knowing teh brand :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10x :) hope it won't let me down, like my other cars...'till now I've owned only french cars, a Citroen xsara(which is a nice car all in all), a Peugeot 407(which has problems with the plastics-rattling and the computer) and a new addition, a Dacia Logan( really nice budget car)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts