Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,the last week or so my 147 jtdm has developed an unusual issue,when in 3rd gear or higher and i put my foot down the whole car shakes laterally quite a lot which increases with revs,if i press the clutch pedal down the shaking goes,in neutral or idle there is no shake,it just seems to occur under high torque situations,i can't feel the shake in 1st or 2nd.
I assumed inner CV joint,the nearside drive shaft was replaced around a year ago as the boots had split,so i replaced the offside driveshaft (both shafts from JR trading) at the weekend along with the top dogbone looking engine mount,the shaking hasn't gone away.
I'm considering the offside engine mount next,also possibly the crank shaft pulley as it does look old and weathered,anyone have any suggestions on this? i've already spent far too much on the car as is.
Alex

·
Registered
42 Posts
is this a dual-mass type thing? Also have some shaking during acceleration at certain times (GT 1.9/170) (always full "torque request" pedal though). I also have slow shaking when slipping the clutch (pulling away in 1st) though, which I assume you're not getting pastie?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It really doesn't feel like DMF/clutch in my case,i don't have any rattle or clunks on gear changes which is a symptom of DMF failure.
I'm really struggling to put my finger on the problem,i'm considering changing the other driveshaft too,i'll jack it up tonight and see if there's any play in the CV

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
It really doesn't feel like DMF/clutch in my case,i don't have any rattle or clunks on gear changes which is a symptom of DMF failure.
I'm really struggling to put my finger on the problem,i'm considering changing the other driveshaft too,i'll jack it up tonight and see if there's any play in the CV
don’t always get rattled and clunks from them, you can get symptoms you describe when it has slop in it. If it was drive shafts I would expect it to do the same even when coasting

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
don’t always get rattled and clunks from them, you can get symptoms you describe when it has slop in it. If it was drive shafts I would expect it to do the same even when coasting
I thought the same thing about the driveshaft,i dont really want to spend anymore money on it,so will likely stick it up for sale as is.

·
Vendor
45,294 Posts
Its probably the year old aftermarket driveshaft. Was it one of those ones off ebay for £50 delivered by any chance?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I thought the same thing about the driveshaft,i dont really want to spend anymore money on it,so will likely stick it up for sale as is.
It is a cheapo one,i'm going to jack the car up this weekend and see if there's any play in the joints

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Its probably the year old aftermarket driveshaft. Was it one of those ones off ebay for £50 delivered by any chance?
It is a cheapo one,i'm going to jack the car up this weekend and see if there's any play in the joints

1 - 10 of 10 Posts