Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right then. I bought an 06 147 JTDm a couple of weeks ago. I've noticed when I go over about 40mph the whole car violently shakes. I've had the upper wishbones done and the tracking and balancing but still she shakes! Any ideas anyone??

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
If the rear arms are worn the tyres will feel like 50 pence pieces if you rub your hand along the tread, this will cause a shaking.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,
The rear tyres feel and look fine. It shakes at all times over about 40mph, whether I'm putting my foot down, breaking or with the clutch down.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Alfa mechanic can't think of anything else other than maybe a slightly buckled wheel so were gonna put four different ones on and see what happens

F

·
0 Posts
Hi,
My 2.4 JTDm had a similar problem, the car shook violently on throttle, over about 50mph, less so (but still a little) on overrun. There was also slop in the drive takeup, a nasty osteoarthritic "graunchy/crunchy" metal sound just as drive was being taken up (coupled with a rattly clutch when you first touch the pedal). Inner driveshaft boot was split, with no grease in it and a collection of bits of metal - ouch! DMF and clutch also knackered. Thanks to PEAK ALFA for sorting it out!

Hope yours isn't as bad as mine!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts