Alfa Romeo Forum banner

147 JTDm 8v Hybrid turbo upgrade

16857 Views 76 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  JS JTD
Well after playing with most things on my car ive decided to upgrade the turbo, i was happy with the remap but as always you need a little more :) and before you say it yes id have been better off starting with a 16v 150bhp rather then the 8v but when i brought this car i had no real intention of doing anything other than wheels and some lowering springs but thx to this forum i now cant help myself...:cry:

So a few options came up, the choice i was going to go with was a plug and play gt2256v kit from JS JTD, but have decided to go with a 1756 hybrid less one off parts etc , the goal from this is the magic 200bhp which i should quite easily obtain, any more than this and i'll need to start looking at a bigger intercooler , better clutch etc so im trying not to go to far.

Here she is, a stage 2 hybrid from Adam Davidson at tdi turbos ,this wont go on unitll i have one final part a decat down pipe from JS tuning then it will get fitted and off to reddot for a remap
Auto part
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
Just seen it too, even posted on that thread so don't know where I got 215 from.

On my Astra, (same engine, different gearbox), the 350lbft at lowish rpm would probably cause clutch/dmf problems, but whether its say 200 or 230 bhp at higher rpm not so much.

You intending to dyno it when all done?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.