Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after playing with most things on my car ive decided to upgrade the turbo, i was happy with the remap but as always you need a little more :) and before you say it yes id have been better off starting with a 16v 150bhp rather then the 8v but when i brought this car i had no real intention of doing anything other than wheels and some lowering springs but thx to this forum i now cant help myself...:cry:

So a few options came up, the choice i was going to go with was a plug and play gt2256v kit from JS JTD, but have decided to go with a 1756 hybrid less one off parts etc , the goal from this is the magic 200bhp which i should quite easily obtain, any more than this and i'll need to start looking at a bigger intercooler , better clutch etc so im trying not to go to far.

Here she is, a stage 2 hybrid from Adam Davidson at tdi turbos ,this wont go on unitll i have one final part a decat down pipe from JS tuning then it will get fitted and off to reddot for a remap
IMAG0193.jpg

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Send him a pm I'm sure he'll be able to do something for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Are you going to request maximum power from Red dot, or limit to around 200bhp? Would be interesting to know what that turbo and the standard pump/injectors could reach.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I may just to see what it can do, but as its my daily drive im not wanting to stress everything out and 200 should be ok with everything, i believe the fueling on my 120 8v jtdm is the same as the 150bhp models so fueling should be ok for what im after, also im not sure what sort of torque this will produce again im not looking for massive gains id be happy with 200Bhp/350lbft (maybe 210 :) but im not sure if these figures add up either. Also thinking of getting a FMIC before i get the remap but we'll see.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
Well, there is thread of Vic_O_O and his Grande Punto @250CV somewhere around. The same 8v multijet engine though.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Interesting, I will have a look for it, btw do you happen to know what sort of power my clutch and gearbox won't be happy with yan.ko? I'm thinking more torque actually.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nope he made 249 just seen the thread ,I believe his turbo is bigger than mine but good to know that the 8v is ok to make 200+ bhp.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just seen it too, even posted on that thread so don't know where I got 215 from.

On my Astra, (same engine, different gearbox), the 350lbft at lowish rpm would probably cause clutch/dmf problems, but whether its say 200 or 230 bhp at higher rpm not so much.

You intending to dyno it when all done?

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I belive the 147 1.9 JTDm 8V has the same alfa gearbox as 16V, C530 and not the GM M32 one. So stock clutch will hold upto ~360Nm, gearbox about ~425Nm. Differential is the weak point, consider Q2/Quaife upgrade for more torque. Then the DMF doesn't like a lowdown torque a much. You'll need to make a torque build up more gradual rather than jumpy.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So 200/350 max it is then, also yan.ko would it be ok to install a fmic after the remap?

And yes aidenb19 it will be on the rollers when it gets mapped.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Little update the js tuning down pipe has arrived thank you joel :) plans have changed though and im going to get a FMIC before getting the remap, so im in the middle of choosing one.

IMAG0213.jpg

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The FMIC amd pipe kit has been ordered! maybe fit this next week (i copied mr draven :thumbs:) and the turbo should be fitted by tomorrow hopefully, painfully slow....

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The hybrid and downpipe are finally on :) two manifold studs broke:cheese: so they needed re-tapping and new ones put on..glad i never tried to fit it myself after all!!

The sound is alot louder whistle wise you can really hear the turbo spooling up nicely now, i quite like it, also i think this is due to the js downpipe which has made it seem to also spool quicker but wont see the real benefit until the remap and fmic.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
glad your almost sorted.
do you have the ability to log boost desired and actual? if so you may want to do a few logs of boost control before you get mapped as it may help save time during remap and also keep turbo safe until your mapped as especially with decatted exhaust you have potential for creep if you keep your foot in.
the logs revs, desired boost, actual boost and vnt will help the mapper when the time comes.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
unfortunately I don't, well I say that but tbh I wouldn't know what i would need.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not to thread steal or anything, but is there a major plus for the JTDM 8v versus the old jtd 8v?
As in, able to archieve greater numbers?

Will be watching your build! got a jtd 8v (unijet) myself, currently sitting at 165hp/330nm torque with a euro 4 jtdm 16v turbo, fmic, 3 bar map, downpipe and cat replacement pipe. that's with 2550mbar of boost and 77mg/inj. For now enough, but i want to be looking towards 180-185hp somewhere. But i'm affraid that wont be possible without another turbo.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts