Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my brief has been in the(non dealer) garage since monday getting some repairs, including the turbo hose which developed a pinhole rubbing on the gearbox while under boost. i have seen previous threads mentioning this problem but i need to find a replacement somewhere, as my garage can only source it from A R and it is on back order(or something) and a date cant be set on a new part being delivered. if any one can give me any info, that would be much appreciated.cheers;)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
you can always buy Samco houses....but they aren't cheap...but still maybe cheaper then AR dealer.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Sympathise fully - mine went in last Friday for the same thing. Fortunately my local AR dealer must have a hotline to God and had one in stock waiting for someone else who'd delayed the fitting. In, diagnosed, fitted, car cleaned and out again in under 2 hours.

Who says service is dead.

·
Registered
8 Posts
my 156 sportwagon 2.4 20v had the same problem i think.i was told the hose to the variable turbo actuater, into my ar dealer,£15 for the hose £120 labour in and out the same day

·
Registered
433 Posts
Oggy,

How did you know you had a problem - was it smoking? In fact do you get any black smoke as I get heaps.

Rgds

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts