Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all!

Does the 147 JTD lack a little 'go' as IMO the 1.6ts does?
Are the diesel engine 147 more 'reliable' than the their ts siblings?
How often does the belt need changing? Is it the same 36,000 miles or 3 years?

Can any current owners recommend the jtd?

Thanks for all of your help!

Clarkie :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
The 1.6 needs to be driven quite hard to make it shift like all ts cars I think the 8v diesel is the slowest out of the two of them but the diesel engine needs less tlc I'm sure its 60k or 5 years for a belt change

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
the diesel has more torque, so more pulling power, but lacks outright power.

the 1.6 is a great little engine. enjoyed mine, but you do need revs, but then again, thats what the TS's are all about:thumbs:

both great engines, but 2 completly different characters:thumbs:

TS's are perfectly reliable providing they are serviced on time, belts changed on time, and never let it run low on oil, so weekly checks there.

The diesel is more 'solid' but no more or less reliable:thumbs:

you choose, screams or torque;)

G

·
Hi!
We have a 115hp 8v jtd and whilst it's not a petrol engined monster I think you would be pleasantly surprised!! You don't get 6 gears and 150 bhp but the torque isn't much to give away between the two models and the 8 valver is a very reliable car. My car is obviously a lot faster than most as the local magistrate wants a chat about it, but that's not for here!!:wow:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Hi!
We have a 115hp 8v jtd and whilst it's not a petrol engined monster I think you would be pleasantly surprised!! You don't get 6 gears and 150 bhp but the torque isn't much to give away between the two models and the 8 valver is a very reliable car. My car is obviously a lot faster than most as the local magistrate wants a chat about it, but that's not for here!!:wow:
tut tut:lol:

they remap well too:thumbs:

G

·
I still think the curvy shape of the car buggers up hand held speed guns, but it's me vs mr plod!! However our car has done 130mph in germany verified by GPS, so maybe I was speeding in the middle of the night! They gave me a lecture about running someone over!! At 10 oclock at night in the middle of nowhere!! Look out wickerman we're coming to get you!!

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
I still think the curvy shape of the car buggers up hand held speed guns, but it's me vs mr plod!!
ok i believe you:lol:

G

·
i'd love some sympathy!! I've spent the last 3 weeks waiting for a summons and nothings appeared yet!! Worst thing is if a copper talks to you they then have 6 months to prosecute you?? Wish I'd had a NIP cos it's torture at the moment!!

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
i'd love some sympathy!! I've spent the last 3 weeks waiting for a summons and nothings appeared yet!! Worst thing is if a copper talks to you they then have 6 months to prosecute you?? Wish I'd had a NIP cos it's torture at the moment!!
sympathy:cheese: i dont get any, so your not:lol: especially if it was enough to be summonsed:tut::lol:

oh go on then, maybe a little bit, good luck:thumbs::lol:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
Without incriminating myself any further??? I dreamt a day somewhere near Sheffield where we overtook a golf gti at an indicated 138mph!! admittedly downhill but the GPS confirmed 130mph!!!
tut tut tut:tut::lol:

look above for a "little" sympathy:D

·
Registered
17,564 Posts
I love 147 diesels

1.9 JTD is 115/140 bhp

1.9 JTD M is 150 bhp - this really moves!

Cambelt change is recommended at 60k on the JTD, although it should be 72k officially.

I would recommend owning a JTD, I love it and don't miss my BMW :)

G

·
I had a 1.6 147, i had it remapped and with new airfilter and zorst was producing 136bhp. And IMO was a fast car, it would reach the 121 limit in 4th gear, and didnt take long to get there too. Pissed all over my mates fiesta ZS, If you are goiing to get a diesel make it the 150bhp version.

G

·
sympathy:cheese: i dont get any, so your not:lol: especially if it was enough to be summonsed:tut::lol:

oh go on then, maybe a little bit, good luck:thumbs::lol:
I think I need a lot more than luck!!! The way the coppers explained things i've caused more trouble than osama bin laden! I'm a danger to weirdo hobbit jogging types in the country and had I run one over they would have been having a very different chat with me!!!

Just hope I still have a licence for next Sunday??

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
I love 147 diesels

1.9 JTD is 115/140 bhp

1.9 JTD M is 150 bhp - this really moves!

Cambelt change is recommended at 60k on the JTD, although it should be 72k officially.

I would recommend owning a JTD, I love it and don't miss my BMW :)
err they never did an old jtd 140, it was a multijet, just not a 16v:thumbs:

·
Registered
7,765 Posts
Without incriminating myself any further??? I dreamt a day somewhere near Sheffield where we overtook a golf gti at an indicated 138mph!! admittedly downhill but the GPS confirmed 130mph!!!
I'm sorry but did they record you at 130mph???

1 - 20 of 68 Posts