Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all :)

My 147's clutch pedal gets harder when I need to use the clutch a lot, where does this come from? When I start the car up it's light and easy to use, but the more I use it, the harder it gets. Then if I drive a stretch of road at constant speed it gets lighter again.. :confused:

Do you have any idea as to where this comes from?

Also, I've noticed a vibration in the brake pedal when coming to a halt, as it's the same fluid maybe the problems are related?

·
Banned
173 Posts
I have this problem on mine - unfortunately it broke the first clutch - the stiff mechenisim pulled the release bearing off the fork, im on second clutch now which at 7k in is still lighter than the first, but after a lot of traffic it too gets heavier.. Dont know why but I have come to think of it as the norm..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies ! :thumbs:

Well I guess I'll have to get down to it at some point! However with the winter + no garage parameters, this'll probably wait a few months :).

Any ideas about the brake pedal vibration issue?

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
Thanks for all the replies ! :thumbs:

Well I guess I'll have to get down to it at some point! However with the winter + no garage parameters, this'll probably wait a few months :).

Any ideas about the brake pedal vibration issue?
flywheel (DMF) run out i would have thought

1 - 9 of 9 Posts