Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

i have buyed a 147 jtdm 140 bhp.

it don"t start since 2 years, 118.000 km, broken clutche.

so i have done water pump, timiung belt, clutch etc....

started at the first try, run fine, smoke a lot. no leaks , everithing is ok.

on the road , the car is slugish.... the first kilometers , no boost, we check with FES, kilometer after kilometers the situation 'was better, now the car riun almost fine, biut only after 2200-2500 tr/m, no boost under.

i have check the actuator and the geo-V of the turbo work fine, the sequence is done without trouble.

no default except unpluged EGR valve

my interogations is this one:

- Why no boost ?
- Why no boost pressure error, i mean the read pressure match the ECU wanted one.
i do not have different value, like the ECU do not ask for boost.
does it make sense ?

thanks

Laurent

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have you checked the vacuum hoses to the vnt solenoid?
yes, the VNT work

i start the engine, then cut it off, anb i initialize the VNC selenoid test, and the VNC actuator move, to 0 to 100% and it came back with three step, seem to be a good test , no ?

Laurent

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Have you checked the EGR is closing properly when not powered, i.e. cleaned it so the valve head moves freely and checked it seals by trying to blow through it ? Disconnecting it electrically won't help if it's stuck open which is normally what happens, carbon deposits around the top of the valve actuator rod spring. Doesn't need to leak much to cause problems.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
A lot of time and hassle can be saved by deleting the EGR system entirely.

Try fitting a stainless steel blank plate, to completely block the flow.

It will generate an error code on the ECU, but if that solves the driveability issues then you know it's been fixed. Then for a few hundred euros you can get the ECU remapped to permanently get rid of the error code.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
yes, the VNT work

i start the engine, then cut it off, anb i initialize the VNC selenoid test, and the VNC actuator move, to 0 to 100% and it came back with three step, seem to be a good test , no ?

Laurent
The test confirms your solenoid is working but not the vacuum that controls it. Change your pipes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 156 jtdm jet 16valve, that has no power below 2,000 rpm and struggles to pull away when hot.. I had a service done by an Alfa dealer who changed the fuel filter, checked the MAP sensor and EGR valve just as i had several times. (No faults were obvious).and hey presto, MPG better and the power is back. Aftermarket fuel filter too small and clogged with sand debris from a dirty fuel supply. For the money of a new filter it is worth a try.

·
Registered
883 Posts
if you MAF sensor is faulty then your ecu won't be sending the right signal to give you full boost

1 - 11 of 11 Posts