Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been 3 months since I had the clutch master cylinder replaced, the car had no clutch, the peddal would go straight to the floor and come back again after trying to depress it.

there was brake fluid eetc etc.

Now this morning the very same thing happened...the ODO Meter flashed yesterday...didn't know what that meant but read something about that if it flashes there are problems.

Now Im waiting for 8h30 to call the people who replaced the clutch master cylinder 3months ago so that they can have a look at it again!!!

Times like this makes me want to SELL this car!!!:cry: :cry: :mad:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much NOW AGAIN???

I still have to pay the guy who helped me with the H&R springs i was planning on doing that tomorrow...

wait wait wait...if its slave cyclinder and then clutch...the Extended Waranty will have to cover this....

So hopefully I'll only pay for labour...I'll call the machie now and ask what's up.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had the same problem mid year last year and spent thousands fixing that. Happened again in december and I decided to go the back route.
I found a guy who works for alfa(wont say which branch cause he still works there) and he replaced my clutch, master cylinder and slave cylinder for R1800.00 I was expecting something to go wrong but its 6 months later and Im still happily driving. The R1800.00 includes parts and labour, he gave me my ols parts back and the packaging of the new parts (Original alfa packaging). For this cheap I didnt want to ask where he got them from. Funny enough I got this contact through a metro cop who stopped me for not having a front number plate...the irony

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
Front plates ruin alfa's looks hey! please can you pm me he mechs number and details, my cars warranty is expiring next year and need a good cheap mechanic awe shot

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well why not SHARE this info with us LOL

The ppl who did my car is NOT alfa ppl but there was quite a few alfa's there when I took my car the first time. I suspect it's going to be the same story...slave cylinder, clutch etc...but how do they now if it is?

Luckily the Waranty covers slave and clutch...only a portion of it anyway...I HOPE its a small problem...but I've decided its time to sell that car.

Where is the Wanted/For sale section alread...I've got a 147 I want to put in there...I've always had soft spot for a VW caddy bakkie thus I can trailor my Guilietta from now on...

I'll be selling the car seriously now...looking for red facelift 145 or I'll wait untill end of the month when I can afford a BRAND new alfa...

My HEART is totally GUTTED I tell you!!!:cry:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts