Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just after some confirmation please. The pre facelift 3 door 04 plate interior is a direct swap with a 55 plate face lift model?

Any tricks/problems when fitting the interior? The 156 interior swap wasnt to bad except the b pillars

Are the 17" supersport just a direct replacement for the standard15"? No spacers or anything needing going on?

On my facelift, i pressume the wing mirrors from the preface lift are just interchangable?

Ta people

·
Registered
9,563 Posts
Yes. I think that more or less covers it.

147 door cards and quarter panels aren't as "coded" to the seats as on a 156.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Just remember that the texture in the dash is different on the door cards so check that 1st and power down for airbags

Rearscseat a easy and the front are the same only 4 bolts but as above power down for air bags

·
Registered
218 Posts
are you planning on changing the centre console as there are slight differences but the arm rest and mount are re-usable however, the gear shift trim is not.
The air vents are interchangeable too.
Small differences on the centre console switch, one of the functions was moved to the dash but the housing is the same and can be swapped.
In case you couldn't guess, I changed my pre-facelift centre console with the facelift version! Bit of a faffff putting it back in but just time (if not swapping seats out)...a breeze if you have the seats out already.

The other change other than the texture of the plastics as mentioned before, is the dash binicle re-design.

Share some pics when done :yes:

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
are you planning on changing the centre console as there are slight differences but the arm rest and mount are re-usable however, the gear shift trim is not.
The air vents are interchangeable too.
Small differences on the centre console switch, one of the functions was moved to the dash but the housing is the same and can be swapped.
In case you couldn't guess, I changed my pre-facelift centre console with the facelift version! Bit of a faffff putting it back in but just time (if not swapping seats out)...a breeze if you have the seats out already.

Share some pics when done :yes:
The first few years of facelifts kept the centre console switches - they were only moved to the dash in about 2007, but as you say, its not relevant as ALL consoles still have the hole for the switch.

If hes got a ratchet with a screw driver attachment he may get away with not removing the seats from a non facelift. Facelift cars dont have the middle set of screws in the console (but they still have the holes) - removing a console from a facelift car doesnt mean taking the seats out. So I wouldnt bother using the middle screws when fitting the console - it ll save time when fitting it.

I m pretty sure when I swapped mine over that the gearlever gaiter was the same on facelifts and non facelifts though.

Just remember that the texture in the dash is different on the door cards so check that 1st and power down for airbags
The other change other than the texture of the plastics as mentioned before, is the dash binicle re-design
Yeah, facelifts have different texture on dash and door cards, to get them to match he ll have to remove the fabric bit from the new cards and put them on the old, which is easy to do (stick them back using a hot glue gun) and the fabric insert is the only non removable thing thats different.

He ll need to slacken the handbrake cable using the nut on the lever to get the console out though.

I ve got a facelift now, but I put an original binnacle in it think its looks way better than the facelift. :)

·
Registered
218 Posts
Not sure about the gearshift leather but the fitment at the bottom is different! I tried but had to get one from a wrecked facelift in the end.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bloody'ell. Thanks for the replys. I only wanted to change the seats! Changing consoles? If i tried that,it would end up like the flintstones car.

Mines the face lift, but the leather is currently in a pre-facelift. I'll just swap it out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts