Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

looking for some info on seat swap...

struggling to find 147 JTD in spec i like & for my budget.. one of wish list is leather and wanted to know if 3 door seats fit in 5 door, finding threads on 5 in to 3's but as its a matter of fronts not folding forward the replies end pretty quick!

door cards arent an issue as happy with cloth trim but seeing a few complete seat sets on ebay and want to check whether its worth considering..would help my search a little as dont mind either 3 or 5 door

due to budget im looking at models upto '54 plate

also.. is there an area to put a 'wanted car' thread, can see one for wanted parts and cars for sale but not cars wanted..

cheers in advance for help.

·
Registered
155 Posts
You'd want the five door seats if you have a five door model, and obviously the door cards from the five door model if u have a five door model.

From memory the front seats aren't that different and should fit, unaware about the rears.

Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Anyway, what are you changing to?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers mate

havent got the 147 yet so im kind of open to offers if you like lol

basically if i found a cloth trim 5 door is it worth looking for leather from a 3 door, ive heard the fronts should be ok but as you said its the rears that might be a problem.

finding a car is the harder prob at mo' !! grrrrr

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers chocoboy, nice effort... but ive already got most of these in the watch list lol!!

my budget around tops 2.5k & ideally black, red or the darker grey (not sure what its called!)

one im seriously thinking about 3rd one down, black 3 door turismo, pretty much eveything i want less leather. just having to decide whether the 250mile and 5 hour trip is worth it!. prob will train it there aswell at £80 tickets, not great if turns out to be a rotten egg and im traveling to buy not browse

doesnt help im right down south and cant really go see before :(

·
Registered
155 Posts
Decide what you want it for.
My sister recently bought herself a 147 and her main hesitation about the 3 door (even though she liked it more than the 5 door) was that she wants to keep it for a while and if a child happens to come, a 5 door may be more practical.

Space wise i didn't find a huge difference, i could even get in the back pretty easily. Getting out was a little harder.

Our 147 has red leather and it's just awesome! But maintenance is a must. My 156 has velour trim, currently searching to change it over to leather.

If you plan on keeping your 147 for a while, change it over, otherwise i wouldn't bother as the 147 cloth seats are pretty good :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi orgigeorgie

the space factor for me isnt really a concern so 3 or 5 door is fine, im just a petrol head (well diesel now!) and looking for a smart hatch back that i can tune & tastefully modify. i know my cars and the 147 came out best when deciding what i want next. i definetly want leather but am finding them hard to find in diesel along with colour & engine spec i want. my cash flow of only £2500 isnt helping as narrows my search but as ive said the main thing i need now is someone to guide me on tech side of seat fitment. cloth seats seem to be more common and ive no probs with changing them should i find a set of leather.

·
Registered
155 Posts
plenty of tutorials on removal of interior on here. do a quick search :) When i get home i have one bookmarked, i'll post it up. It's for a 156 though.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
cheers chocoboy, nice effort... but ive already got most of these in the watch list lol!!

my budget around tops 2.5k & ideally black, red or the darker grey (not sure what its called!)

one im seriously thinking about 3rd one down, black 3 door turismo, pretty much eveything i want less leather. just having to decide whether the 250mile and 5 hour trip is worth it!. prob will train it there aswell at £80 tickets, not great if turns out to be a rotten egg and im traveling to buy not browse

doesnt help im right down south and cant really go see before :(
Is funny you mention this as it was similar to what I did when I bought my current alfa 147.I went to Shipley just past Leeds to look for a black 147 2.0l lusso 5 door,25,000 miles,1 owner from new.Instead of the train, I rented a car from Avis at heathrow for the day and pick up the car 5am.drove and got there about 9.30am.Plan was that if the car was no good I will drive back to London and was a day trip costing me £50.Luckily that was not the case and the far was perfect,so I had the option of dropping the car in a different location,in this case Leeds airport,there was a £40 fee to do this. I then took the taxi to the car dealer and drove the car back to London that afternoon. Definitely worth doing.

Before I did this due to the distance I did a check on the car,since you can see the number plate, use mycarcheck.com or similar make sure its not written off or any outstanding debt on the car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers guys

orgiegeorgie, thanks kindly for offer but wont need the guide etc, this sort of work is 2nd nature to my other half so was just hoping someone out there would know whether the seats would fit or have done it themselves. im getting the impression people dont lol

and dtone, blinding idea about hire car, didn't think of it so going to check prices now, used to getting them abroad and they're a fortune but would only need it the day & happy with anything under £100. I would defo prefer to drive aswell. we can take our other car but cos of the distance we'd rather travel together.

Done few checks on car, good so far. if i could get it for the right price then im not too fussed with what i find, mechanically nothings a worry to get fixed as i only pay parts at trade rates and classic mates rates on plenty of bodywork & paintshops. if its a definite then i can get chassis number off him and my fiance whos a mechanic can check into it fully, main point i want to confirm is its a 140bhp along with full HPI as they're cheap as chips through his work :)

·
Registered
344 Posts
Hi
I've always bought my cars out of area as you get more choice. My current 147 was from Windsor but it ticked all the boxes.
Bottom line is, tell the seller you're very fussy and you aren't afraid to walk away if it's not as described. You will soon find out how genuine people are as it shouldn't be a problem to get lots of pics and copies of work carried out. If that's too much trouble for the seller then alarm bells should ring. Also it's worth agreeing a price before you travel on the understanding it's as described !
Good luck
Steve

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cheers javars

distance doesn't phase me and to be honest i need to accept it for looking at the jtd's as they're they're not on every corner thats for sure. traveled a little less for other cars & bikes but im having more difficulty just finding one that ticks all the boxes. this one is so far everything i want, especially if it is a 140bhp model, again black & 3 door were on the wish list just without leather & some hideous alloys lol, not the best pics either & a dealer which puts me off a little but i've contacted them for the type of info i want not just copy & pasting the spec so i should find out soon. bit excited now as might be an alfa owner finally!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts