Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I've recently turned 17 and I have my heart set on a 1.6 147.

As this will be my first car, the insurance will obviously be sky high as I will be looking to get my own policy too. Do you think i should just give up on it and look at something in a lower insurance group?

If anyone has any estimates on how much it could cost too, that would be appriciated.

Cheers.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Hi ya mate:D The best thing to be would do a few online quotes that way you will know where you stand. I have bin driving for 7 years and my first years insurance was £619 3rd party f&t so bet yours is going to be around £1k mark. Just a guess really but dont give up hope do a online quote.

P.s I have a 3.2 V6 GTA 147! Nahnahanah:p

Go on, look NOW!!!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Hi mate. im also 17 and looking for a 1.6 147 as my first car. Your going to be looking at around 4k 3rd party fire & theft. Fully Comp was 19k for me. This was with Endsleigh
hope that helps

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi, I've recently turned 17 and I have my heart set on a 1.6 147.

As this will be my first car, the insurance will obviously be sky high as I will be looking to get my own policy too. Do you think i should just give up on it and look at something in a lower insurance group?

If anyone has any estimates on how much it could cost too, that would be appriciated.
Cheers.
Best bet is to hit the agregator (gocompare,confused, money supermarket). should help you work out who's competitive in your area. A few companies aren't going to quote for you at that age but put your mother on the policy with you, look at policies to build your ncb quicker

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Hi mate. im also 17 and looking for a 1.6 147 as my first car. Your going to be looking at around 4k 3rd party fire & theft. Fully Comp was 19k for me. This was with Endsleigh
hope that helps
19k that just takes the p-i-s-s! Still I remember when I first started driving :rolleyes: not good! So much fun though, went through a 30mph just under 85 mph flat out! Always getting pulled for racing-2-

·
Registered
105 Posts
My first car was a 1.2 Clio and the cheapest quote i got on my own insurance fully comp was £1350. I think unfortunatly you'll be looking at silly prices for insurance if they will cover you at all on a 1.6 147. My advise would be get something smaller to begin with and work up a few years NCB which is what ive done.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Try this:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
im 19 and on my fathers policy at about 1400 ,i wont know the real amount till next year as i already had insurance with them and just had to pay 400 for the rest of the year.

If you want to be on your own policy id forget it,nfu wouldn't insure me on my own.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
What about Direct Line? They offer NCB for named drivers but then again you would have to get you 'rents to change companies. If they are a crap price they aint gona want to do that!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've just turned 24, have had a license for over 6 years, 1 years NCB, never had any sort of accident, and my 147 1.6 costs me just over £1000 fully comp.

Buy a scooter.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'm 22 nearly 23, my 21 year old gf is on my policy and have 3 years ncb and im only paying £700 odd fully comp on my 1.6 147 with NU, taken a higher excess but thats only about £320

·
Registered
288 Posts
Im 21, 4yrs No Claims, Got a 1.6 TS 147, Modified, and without the AO Discount i Paid about £700, Its due next month so Will defo be giving Dan a Call at Flux's,

My 1st car was a '92 Polo 1043cc and that was just over 1k to Insure,

You may be better off going for an older Alfa, or just something different with a Smaller engine, But dont forget about the 147! you will get one oneday! :thumbs:

·
Registered
288 Posts
Well i got my Renewal through! £770 with All Mods Declared!!

And im 21 with now 4 Yrs No Claims!

you thought anymore about a 147??

·
Registered
85 Posts
im 22 and have a 1.8ts 156 i have six points and 0 no claims bonus. my insurance costs £2837 with bell. the cheapest for me. that is with £250 extra because i have children under 16. good luck

·
Registered
85 Posts
it is also worth looking at cashbacktoyou.co.uk once you choose a company, if you buy your insurance through there website you may be able to get a nice percentage back. only a few companys on there though but worth a look.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
I didnt mention my excess though of £800 did I:D

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
There two versions of the 1.6.. one has 105BHP the other 120... go for the 105BHP one and insurance should be more reasonable

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
There two versions of the 1.6.. one has 105BHP the other 120... go for the 105BHP one and insurance should be more reasonable
Yep get the 105bhp and get a remap and maybe "forget" to tell insurance they will never know:D

1 - 20 of 70 Posts