Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My key fob will not open the car or turn off the alarm. I press the button and nothing happens. The red alarm light on the dash is flashing. I have replaced the battery in the fob, no joy. I put a fan heater into the car and left it there for a couple of hours, still no joy. If I open the door with the key manually the alarm goes off. I had a new battery in the car last month and it's not that. Anyone got any advice please?? :confused::confused:

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
open the car with the key then get the key in the ignition as quick as poss and turn to MAR, this should stop the alarm, repeat if necessary,that should dissable your alarm;)

then go to a dealer and find out why the fob doesnt work:thumbs: more than likely the button inside has fell off the pcb. you can take it apart and see if you wish

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before I do that I've tried both keys to unlock it and neither works - if I do what you suggest will I be able to start it to get it to the dealer? I know it sounds like a daft question!

·
Registered
6,811 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
My key fob will not open the car or turn off the alarm. I press the button and nothing happens. The red alarm light on the dash is flashing. I have replaced the battery in the fob, no joy. I put a fan heater into the car and left it there for a couple of hours, still no joy. If I open the door with the key manually the alarm goes off. I had a new battery in the car last month and it's not that. Anyone got any advice please?? :confused::confused:
Check alarm receiver wire

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Alfa Red (and Bazza on another thread!) I am very happy to report that I opened the door manually (alarm sounded!) got in quick and put the key in the ignition, turned it to MAR and the alarm stopped, everything came on and I was able to start it!!! It's now manually locked and waiting to go to the garage in the morning so big thanks to you all!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts