Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Last Saturday I entered the world of Alfa Romeos and so far am thoroughly enjoying it. Just a slight issue....I keep getting random beeps coming from my dashboard as if I am pressing something without knowing but as far as I know I am not. Even with key out it carried on. Any help??

·
Registered
154 Posts
Operating the electric window switches will do it
Maybe other things as well.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
temp warning to say its below 3C gets a bleep, low on fuel gets a bleep, handbrake on when moving gets a bleep (snowy car park before anyone thinks I am forgetful :D) opening the door with the car moving gets a bleep etc etc

just be thankful you have not got a sele, they bleep even more

it is possible to turn the bleep down, go through the menu accessed on the switch on the right side on the dash and within there you will see beep volume adjust and turn down.

but it may still beep like mine. May I suggest that expanding foam works well on the beeper :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply but not totally convinced. Beeping seems really random.......when driving and with key out and me sat in it. Maybe im hearing things :lol:

·
Registered
154 Posts
It's got to be the car thinking that one of its systems has been selected. If the beeps happen predictably enough I'd start by removing all the fuses then replace them one at a time until the beeping restarts - quicker than removing them one at a time if it keeps doing it with them all removed.
Does it beep even if you aren't sat in it? I'm wondering about the seat weight sensor which could have a bad connection but that ought to give a message on the instrument panel.

·
Registered
7,120 Posts
if the outside temp drops below 3C when driving it beeps to warm you

so if the temp is say 4C then drops to 2.5, back to 3.5 and down to 3C, it will beep twice, which may be caused just by driving through a couple of dips

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
If it's totally randow with no obvious cause I'd say you have a dodgy connection to something that normally causes a beep. Bugger to track down without pulling fuses or disconnecting switches etc, etc .... good luck !

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Has seemed to have stopped, very wierd. I'l leave it and hope it doesn't come back again :lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts