Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I've just bought a 147, but it didn't come with the owners manual. I have no idea whats going on with the heater / air con controls, could anyone explain them to me? Can I set the temperature and put it in auto mode so that it'll get the car to that temp then stop the fan?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi. I've just bought a 147, but it didn't come with the owners manual. I have no idea whats going on with the heater / air con controls, could anyone explain them to me? Can I set the temperature and put it in auto mode so that it'll get the car to that temp then stop the fan?
Just set the temperature and press "AUTO". That's it.
The heater needs the fan to keep the temperature you choosed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried that, but the fan is always at a very low setting when auto is on. I have to turn up the fan to get some heat out of it (which turns off auto). Could there be something wrong there?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, can anyone give a little more detail. I too am struggling with the controls with no owners manual.

i.e.

How do you turn auto mode off?
Which button turns off the air con (or is this on all of the time)?

Thanks,

·
Registered
90 Posts
The button with the frosted star turns the AC on and off. Rememver it is Climate Control, not just AC, so the car will turn the AC back on when required.

You just need to select the temp, and press auto. The car should do the rest. It could be your sensor is dirty, and therefore, giving you false readings. Also, you won't get any heat for the first few minutes, until the engine warms up. T

he car will keep the fan speed low, to protect the engine in very cold temperatures.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hiya

You've got two lights on the left dial and two lights on the right dial - when the system is on full auto mode all the lights should be on - this means the air temp, airflow distribution, fan speed and air recycling are all controlled by the system. You should be able to activate this just by pressing the auto button.

As far as I'm aware the system will never switch the fan fully off - personally I don't mind this as I prefer to have airflow moving through the car - don't understand how people can drive along with fan off and all the vents shut :)

Also, it's a minor point but make sure all the vents are open - just point them away from you if you don't like the breeze like me!

I think one of the sensor is the 'button' on top of the dash in the cenre- give it a wipe to remove dust etc and the other is a small grille with 3 horisontal slots, give that a blast with the hoover ot a quick blow to remove any dust.

·
Registered
30 Posts
is the small grille with 3 horizontal slots only on the auto climate control as I cannot find it on mine (bog standard climate on mine that's up to all sorts of tricks!).

·
Registered
132 Posts
I think just on the auto climate (the one with the two dials displaying the temp you want).

Sorry if description is a bit vague - I'm going from memory as mine is in the bodyshop at the moment after someone reversed into it while parked up the other week. (no witnesses, no note :mad: )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts