Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After toying with the idea of doing a headlight refurb for months now finally got round to it this afternoon as the kids were out:)

Stuff i had, wet and dry paper i was kinda short of 1500 so made the jump from 1200 to 2000 :eek:

as my lights were badly stone chipped i decided to go low as to remove as much as possible.


800
1200
-1500- missing
2000

polishes were t-cut, megs plastx, and some Farecla G3 Scratch Remover.

mask the surround off and get sanding :p

Here's how they looked before the assault, scratched and chipped to bits.
IMAG0107.jpg

after some abuse from my right hand and this is the result after the 1200,
IMAG0111.jpg

i rubbed for ages after this with the 2000 as i missed the 1500 but kept at it until they looked more clear and less foggy making sure to change direction on every paper

after id had enough used some g3 then went at it with t-cut all by hand then finished with plastx on a yellow pad attached to a drill, i could have made a better job if i went to 2500 but didn't have any so this will do ;) alot better than the rubbish before and took just over 3 hours.

The final look,

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

:thumbs:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,165 Posts
I got a polisher on mine with some cutting paste 1mins later hehe.

Good effort tho, looks smart and since it wasnt my polisher ill use sand paper next lol.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top