Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy All,
Came up to Manchester to see the Missus for a couple of weeks and unfortunately the handbrake cable snapped yesterday. Best Quote I've had so far is 27 quid for the cable, 35 for labour and then VAT on top! Anyone know of any good places to get it done around the Eccles or tbh any Manchester area?

Cheers,

Jon

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just taken it into Equipe on Liverpool Road, Eccles so they could look it over and give me a price.

Drivers side cable is snapped completely and the Passenger Side is badly frayed, 90 quid to replace both. Fairly happy with that as MVC wanted mmore than that for one side's cable!! :D

·
Identity Confirmed, Authorised Trader
56 Posts
:wow: - am surprised
i think you have miss understood our qoute / to start with our labour was fifty pounds
parts were fourty pounds and that was for both cables and all prices included vat we know this to be correct as we write all quotes down and keep them for 30 days / so our quote was what you paid in the end / we have never charged 55 labour and our price all ways include vat when quoted and we all fit cables in pairs for obvious reasons / we can only appologise for any miss understanding on our behalf

john :confused:

·
0 Posts
John

I had read that you guys were good value & tried to promote you :)

Don't thank me for that :rolleyes: ;)

Fifty five sheets labour to sort out a handbrake cable??

Was considering you guys for my cambelt change - (I can walk home from your place)

Rethink on the cards I reckon :tut:

·
56 Posts
the quote was fifty pounds labour as stated in previous post (1 hour) inc vat this was to fit 2 cables / remove rear wheels and remove brake pads from there carrier and check for free movement as they are prone to siezing whitch causes hand brake cable stretch and failure
we thank you for promoting us but please do not judge us upon one post whitch was wrong to start with
we would like to think that the other posts about mvc are more than enough evidence that we are fair in our work and pricing thanks john

·
0 Posts
mebee you should be an 'authorised trader' before trying to take the high ground over one f**cking smiley in an oldish thread on this forum :rolleyes:

in fact i will now remove your contact details from my original post as i see no other reason for you digging this thread up

·
0 Posts
you quoted me after i had tried to pass business on to you (as i have in a few threads) - the OP got his handbrake fixed elsewhere - i can't help that!
You had no 'beef' with me imo

S

·
0 Posts
Mine has not snapped yet but on its way out lmao.

I had the car parked on the drive for a week with its cover on and came out one day with her resting against the garage door :eek::eek:, no damage was done :)

Both my rear cables are ****ed so need new ones, btw the 147 has a front handbrake cable as well!!!

·
56 Posts
i am sorry for posting in your section as that was wrong off me / and yes you have recomended us in the past and for that i thank you and i also have no beef with you but all i was trying to do was correct mingmongs post and set the record straight
with regret john

1 - 15 of 15 Posts