Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just received my 147 GTA from Alfa Romeo service. They have replaced my old battery with the new one. Today I have realised that the intake pipe connected to throttle sits quite high and seems strained. The gap under the hose clamp below throttle body is bigger than above. When I checked high of the new battery it is 190mm while specs for GTA 147 seems to be 175mm. Can you give your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,118 Posts
Pretty sure the 147/156/GT 3.2V6s take a '100' size battery which is around 175mm tall and 278mm in length. At a guess I'd say the one in your picture is an '096', which will be around 190mm tall as you mentioned. I bought the wrong battery recently and only noticed when the battery securing strap wouldn’t fit over it (y)

Reactions: maxiboy wales

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pretty sure the 147/156/GT 3.2V6s take a '100' size battery which is around 175mm tall and 278mm in length. At a guess I'd say the one in your picture is an '096', which will be around 190mm tall as you mentioned. I bought the wrong battery recently and only noticed when the battery securing strap would fit over it (y)
This is exactly what I thought. Seems that I have not had a security strap installed on my old battery so AR authorized:censored: service installed 190mm which normally would not fit (under the strap). Anyway I have requested a battery replacement to 175mm size.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts